Available since: Gideros 2011.6
This function is a generic interface to the garbage collector. It performs different functions according to its first argument, opt:
- "stop": stops the garbage collector.
- "restart": restarts the garbage collector.
- "collect": performs a full garbage-collection cycle.
- "count": returns the total memory in use by Lua (in Kbytes).
- "step": performs a garbage-collection step. The step "size" is controlled by arg (larger values mean more steps) in a non-specified way. If you want to control the step size you must experimentally tune the value of arg. Returns true if the step finished a collection cycle.
- "setpause": sets arg as the new value for the pause of the collector. Returns the previous value for pause.
- "setstepmul": sets arg as the new value for the step multiplier of the collector. Returns the previous value for step.
opt: (string) command for garbage collector mechanism
arg: (varies) additional parameters for command optional